Lou Reed - The RCA & Arista Album Collection is set on November 4th.
The CD set of remasterings of Lou Reed’s back catalogue between 1972 to 1986, which he worked on at New York’s Masterdisk before he died in October 2013, comes out this Friday, with the vinyl release set for November (18th).
It’s taken a couple of years to put it together and brings together in an anthology, 16 ground-breaking studio and live albums written, recorded and often produced by Reed as a solo artists following the 1970 dissolution of the Velvet Underground.
LOU REED – THE RCA & ARISTA ALBUM COLLECTION
1. Lou Reed (April 1972)
2. Transformer (November 1972)
3. Berlin (July 1973)
4. Rock n Roll Animal (live – February 1974)
5. Sally Can’t Dance (August 1974)
6. Metal Machine Music (July 1975)
7. Coney Island Baby (December 1975)
8. Rock and Roll Heart (October 1976)
9. Street Hassle (February 1978)
10. Lou Reed Live Take No Prisoners (2 CDs – November 1978)
11. The Bells (April 1979)
12. Growing Up in Public (April 1980)
13. The Blue Mask (February 1982)
14. Legendary Hearts (March 1983)
15. New Sensations (April 1984)
16. Mistrial (June 1986)
American musician/composer/performance artist and Lou Reed's wife and partner for twenty-one years Laurie Anderson spoke to me for BBC 6 Music about the box sets, what she describes as a beautiful expression of that time, and about Lou’s involvement…